Come home to an Italian feast with this Slow Cooker Italian Sausage & Beef Spaghetti Sauce. Two meats simmer all day long in the crock pot for maximum flavor. Leftovers freeze really well for another pasta dinner night.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed (I use garlic paste)
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar (can also use granulated sugar)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Spray the insert of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a skillet pan, over medium-high heat, add the ground beef, Italian sausage, onion, and salt. Cook and crumble until meat is browned. Drain grease. Add into the slow cooker.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir together. Cover with lid and cook on LOW heat for 7-8 hours.
- Serve over pasta noodles and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Leftovers freeze really well. I put extra spaghetti sauce in a quart-sized Ziploc freezer bag.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!