This Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup is the perfect warm and comforting meal for the upcoming cold winter months. Filled with lots of veggies and wholesome wild rice, your family will fall in love with this recipe. Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup has shredded chicken, carrots, celery and wild rice in a creamy chicken broth base. This cooks all day in the slow cooker and uses a package of rice-a-roni for convenience.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 carton (32 oz) chicken broth (or 4 cups water + bouillon)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 box (4.3 oz) Rice-a-Roni Long Grain & Wild Rice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups fat-free half-n-half milk
- Combine chicken broth, water, carrots, celery, the package of dry rice and seasoning packet (included in box) into a slow cooker. Stir together and put chicken breasts inside.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When done cooking take out chicken breasts and shred with two forks. Return back to the slow cooker.
- In small bowl combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add in the flour mixture and stir with a whisk. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add in the half-n-half milk while whisking until smooth and incorporated. Cook and stir for a few minutes until slightly thickened. This won’t take long.
- Pour into the slow cooker, stir together to combine, and let cook on low for an additional 30 minutes. Serve!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!