Red Velvet Ice Cream is one of my favorite homemade ice cream recipes. This cream cheese ice cream is the perfect mix of red velvet flavor and cream cheese icing. This easy homemade ice cream recipe makes a delicious Valentine’s Day dessert!
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 ounces butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place cream cheese, heavy cream, milk, sugar, food coloring, cocoa powder, and salt in a high powered blender. Pulse until fully combined and smooth. Pour into large bowl and chill for a minimum of 2 hours in the fridge.
- When chilled, pour mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- While ice cream is freezing, prepare the icing. In a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Add in powdered sugar a 1/2 cup at a time, until fully combined and fluffy. Set aside.
- When ice cream has processed, pour half into a freezer safe container and top with 5-6 spoonfuls of the icing. use a knife to loosely swirl. Top with the rest of the ice cream and then more icing, swirling once more.
- Allow to freeze overnight before serving.