In just less than an hour, you can make this Best French Onion Chicken recipe come together in one skillet and enjoy it with your family. Dunking good bread into the extra pan sauce is highly encouraged.
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped thyme
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. low-sodium beef broth
- 1 c. shredded Gruyère
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!