Perfect for those sudden pizza cravings, without crashing your diet. A fun, easy to make 5-Ingredient party snack to help curb your cravings so you keep your resolution this year. This Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Bites really are an effortless appetizer to make and fun for both the little kids and the grown-up ones.
If you made this recipe, we’d love to hear from you! Leave us a comment and rating down below to let us know how you liked it.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
24 slices pepperoni, “sandwich style” (2+ inches wide)
24 small basil leaves
1 jar pizza sauce small jar
24 mini mozzarella balls
black olives sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Using kitchen shears, snip four 1/2 inch cuts around the edges of each pepperoni slice, leaving the center uncut. Each pepperoni should look like a circular cross. (See post image for clarification.)
- Press each pepperoni down into a mini muffin pan. Bake for 5-6 minutes, until the edges are crispy, but the pepperoni is still red. Let the pepperoni cool in the pans for 5 minutes to crisp, so they hold their shape. Then move the cups to a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Wipe the grease out of the muffin pan with a paper towel, then return the cups to the pan. Place a small basil leaf in the bottom of each cup, followed by 1/2 teaspoon of pizza sauce, a mini mozzarella ball, and an olive slice.
- Place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt. Allow the cups to cool again for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Paleo Adaptation: Make a paleo friendly version using almond or cashew cheese instead of the mozzarella balls.