Baked Caesar Chicken with a crispy coating of breadcrumbs, croutons, and dipped in Caesar dressing. The coating stays on this chicken thanks to the egg!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup caesar salad dressing
- 3/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup crushed croutons
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°. Prepare a baking sheet (12″x18″) by spraying with cooking spray, lining with parchment paper or tin foil (if using tin foil spray the tin foil lightly with cooking spray).
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. So you will end up with 8 thinner slices of chicken. Sprinkle both sides of each chicken with salt & pepper. I combine the salt & pepper in a small bowl and then sprinkle it on.
- Stir together the beaten egg and caesar dressing on a rimmed plate. On another rimmed plate stir together the panko bread crumbs, crushed croutons, and parmesan cheese.
- Dip both sides of each chicken breast in the egg and salad dressing mixture. Then coat both sides in the crumb mixture. Use your fingers to press the crumbs into the chicken. Shake off any excess and place chicken on the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over gently as to not take off any coating. Use tongs if possible. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. Check to make sure chicken is to temperature of 165°.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!
Use any kind of croutons you want. This recipe can easily be substituted with a different salad dressing if wanted or to use up what you have at home already.
For best results make sure and crush the croutons into fine crumbs. It’s best to use a food processor or a food chopper to do this.