This beautiful side dish Garlic Bok Choy Recipe, is loaded nutrients and antioxidants. It’s a superfood that’s easy and so delicious! Crisp, fresh, and bursting with loads of unexpected flavor, this Garlic Bok Choy Recipe is guaranteed to be your new favorite side dish. Ready in just 10 minutes, enjoy this easy vegetarian side dish with chicken, beef, or fish.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 large shallots – minced
- 2 pounds baby bok choy – halved or quartered
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper – optional
Add the oil to a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl to coat the entire surface of the pan. Add the garlic and shallots, stirring continuously for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
Add the bok choy, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Toss to coat and cover. Cook for 1-2 minutes, uncover and toss, and then cover and continue to cook until bok choy is cooked to desired doneness (approximately 3-5 minutes more).
Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- You may use bok choy or baby bok choy for this recipe. If you use bok choy, I recommend chopping into smaller pieces to expedite cooking time.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute regular soy sauce with gluten-free Tamari.