These yummy Tuna Cakes with Jalapeño and Cilantro are low on carbs and calories and big on flavor! Top the patties with a light Sriracha dip and serve with a healthy side of greens for the best dinner EVER!
- 25 ounces canned solid white tuna in water (five 5-ounce cans)
- 2 large eggs , lightly beaten
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro coarsely chopped, plus a few sprigs saved for garnish
- 1/3 cup , plus 2 tablespoons, plain dry breadcrumbs (or almond meal for a gluten free option)
- 4 tablespoons Canola mayonnaise (Greek yogurt can be used instead)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 to 1 1/2 lemons)
- 3 jalapeno chile peppers , finely chopped, ribs and seeds removed unless you like it a little spicy
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Click Here For Step-By-Step Instructions
If spicy isn’t your thing, just omit the the Sriracha and cayenne.
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 cloves small garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Sriracha
- About 3 shakes of cayenne pepper
Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.