This delicious pan-seared halibut is made with fish seared in butter and oil, and then served with a lemon and caper pan sauce. It can be a little pricey, however, so if you want to, you can substitute almost any other fish fillet in this recipe.
- 1 pound fresh halibut, skinned* and cut into two equal portions
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Few grinds black pepper
- 3–4 slices lemon (we used Meyer lemons but regular lemon will do)
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup white wine such as Chardonnay
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon capers drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!