for 6 servings
1 cup lentils, rinsed (200 g)
2 cups vegetable broth (480 mL)
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
15 oz corn, 1 can, drained and rinsed (425 g)
15 oz black beans, 1 can, drained and rinsed (425 g)
1 lb tortilla chips (455 g)
1 ½ cups shredded mexican cheese blend (150 g)
1 cup shredded lettuce (75 g)
1 cup tomato, diced (200 g)
½ cup red onion, chopped (75 g)
2 jalapeñoes, sliced
⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (15 g)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C).
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, bring lentils, broth, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 35 minutes.
- Once cooked, mix in the corn and black beans.
- On a baking sheet, place a layer of tortilla chips, followed by the lentil mixture and cheese.
- Add another layer of tortilla chips, lentils, and cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, and guacamole, and cilantro.